The emergency room (ER) at Bitterroot Health - Daly Hospital is prepared to handle everything from heart attacks to broken bones with top-notch efficiency and skill.
Our ER team is available 24 hours a day and includes board-certified physicians, specially trained ER nurses and dedicated support staff (from the OR, anesthesia, respiratory services, pharmacy, lab and imaging). Many emergency patients are treated in the ER and released the same day, while patients with more serious illness or injury are admitted to other departments or transferred for further treatment.
When to go to the ER
It's not always easy to know whether an injury can be handled at home or if you should get emergency medical help. When someone has any combination of the following symptoms, please call 911 immediately:
- Sudden or unexplained loss of consciousness
- Sudden onset of one-sided weakness or confusion
- Sudden or severe pain that does not subside
- Chest pain
- Sudden onset of numbness in the face, arm or leg
- Sudden onset of slurred speech
- Severe shortness of breath
- High fever accompanied by stiff neck or mental confusion
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Severe cuts or wounds that will not stop bleeding
- A possible broken bone resulting from a fall or other activity
If you are not experiencing emergent or life-threatening symptoms but still need medical attention quickly, visit our Convenient Care Clinic.
Learn about our Ambulance and Emergency Medical Services.