We are a full-service lab, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week with multiple locations throughout Ravalli County.
Our Laboratory team are highly skilled, and each scientist has a National Registry certification by either the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the American Medical Technologists (AMT). Collectively we have over 200 years of experience.
- Blood Bank (Immunohematology): The blood type, antibody screen and cross match results are used to determine what blood products are safe to administer.
- Chemistry: Includes lipid, PSA, TSH, vitamin D and cardiac markers.
- Hematology: Includes CBC, anemia monitoring and aids in diagnosis of leukemia.
- Microbiology culture: Includes sensitivities and molecular testing and determines if antibiotics are necessary and which antibiotic is most appropriate.
- Coagulation protime: Monitors patients taking Warfarin Coumadin with PT/INR, PTT for heparin therapy monitoring and Fibrinogen. D-dimer is a test to determine if a patient may have deep vein thrombosis or blood clots in the lungs.
- Serology screenings: HCG for pregnancy, mono for mononucleosis, ROM for an OB patient with premature rupture of the amniotic membrane, HPylori, and Occult blood for stool or emesis. RA rheumatoid for arthritis.
- Urinalysis screening: For infection, kidney stones and to determine drugs taken.
- Surgical specimens: To determine any disease process present in gastric, colon, skin and breast tissue.
Common tests/screenings that require fasting
- Lipid panel.
- Basic metabolic panel.
- Comprehensive metabolic panel.
- Glucose testing.